12.28.2009

Memory-filled Mondays







The day started like any other adventurous day.  We had set out to make this "leave" eventful, like we tried to make all "leaves."  We thought, while Brian was in town, that we would go to Beech Bend and enjoy the rides and the company that we had together.








But Daniel was a little confused as to what gender he wanted to be that day...




The macho, life-guarding male or...



the blond, bimbo, beach babe.




But he chose to be the macho male and ride this roller coaster.  Which I refused to ride, because last time I rode it, I think I broke two vertebrae (just kidding).  Seriously though, this roller coaster will jerk you one way and then the next.



As you will notice...one is holding onto his neck, and the other is bracing for dear life.  I don't call what I did "scared", I call it "wise." :)




After that ride they decided to try something a little more dangerous, bumper cars.  But it really wasn't  that much more safe.  It was like a war field, once those cars got charged and moving.  But it was fun, to say the least (and notice that Daniel is still massaging his neck).




Then all three of us decided to go back to something a little more dangerous, "The Shock Drop."  At least we got a good view of Beech Bend, from the top.




Now, this is the part that gets interesting.  There is definitely a story that goes with this picture.  At the check-in counter, you have to pay for your game and then you have to put a deposit on the ball (like $2.00). We were playing an innocent game of mini-golf and Brian hits his ball in this whirlpool of water.  Daniel, bound and determined, decides that he is going to retrieve the ball.  He holds onto the rope and tries to reach in and grab the ball.  Well, when you keep water in a pool like this, it grows algae.  So, his flipflop slips on the algae and in he goes.  So, he is trying to locate the ball while standing up.  He can't stand up though, because it is too slippery.  So, he locates the ball and he tries to stand up, but can't still.  Instead of helping him right away, like I should've, I grab the camera and snap this picture.  Then I help him, of course.


What do you say, was it worth taking a picture?

 I think so, because I now have that memory captured on film, and I can look back on what happened and laugh hysterically.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment