7.13.2009

The first of many, many more


This past Saturday Daniel and I celebrated our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY. Wow, how time flies. Seems just like last month that we were making all the wedding plans and deciding what songs would play when, who would be in our wedding party, who we would invite, where to get the invitations, and so on. There was so much planning that went into the wedding, but I really didn't pay attention to much of it the night of our wedding. I felt like I was on cloud 9 and there was just Daniel and I. It was a truly magical day.

I remember mom asking me how I felt as we were dancing at the reception and I told her, "It feels like my heart is about to burst with all the love that I am feeling towards Daniel." I truly meant it and I mean it to this day. The love that Daniel and I have is like no other. We complete each other and every day I am reminded of why I fell in love with him in the first place. I plan on writing about our love story here soon, because I want everyone to know it and I want to have it recorded for future generations.

I know that people usually ask couples that have been married 50+ years what their secret to marriage is, but I feel that what Daniel and I have learned in this first year will last us a lifetime. Here are some tips that I would give to some newly weds or couples that are having problems:
* Compromise. Never give up what truly means something to you, but always be willing to meet your spouse 1/2 way.
* Think of the other person's needs before your own.
* Always tell each other that you love them.
* Never go to bed angry.
* Pick and choose your battles.
* Always kiss each other before going to sleep and when you wake up.
* Always talk about things, never hold stuff inside, because when you explode it won't be good for anyone.
* Remember what made you fall in love with them in the first place. They might have changed since then, but chances are they have those same attributes.

We had a Happy One Year. It wasn't glamourous, but it fit our personalities. It was low key and romantic. We started off the day exchanging anniversary cards. Then he looked at some of the love coupons that I made him. We "lounged" around the house a few times. Then we went and ran some errands and I got a new purse and wallet. Had a date at Mancino's. Then we lounged around (for real) and watched a movie. Got a little dressed up went to Ruby Tuesdays, had a wonderful meal. Came back home watched our wedding video, ate some of our wedding cake (still as fresh tasting as the day we got married), and went to sleep (for real).

I love being Daniel's wife and I wrote him 12 reasons (for 12 months of being married) that I love him and here they are:

#1: You make me laugh and smile all the time.
#2: You put my needs above your own.
#3: You have a huge heart and you're compassionate.
#4: You have an amazing smile, some amazing blue eyes, and some to kill for red locks.
#5: The way that you interact with our neices and nephews. I know that you are going to be a wonderful daddy some day.
#6: When I'm with you time flies by, I have no worries, and I feel safe.
#7: With you, I feel complete and on top of the world.
#8: How you always know what to say when we are upset with each other.
#9: The way that when you kiss my forehead, I can feel the love radiate to my mind and travel through to my soul.
#10: How that when we kiss the world around us just fades away.
#11: How that you never get mad at me and you're quick to forgive.
and #12: How that you inspire me and make me want to be a better person.

Here's to you Bebe, I love you so stinkin' much and I hope that the rest of our marriage is as wonderful and even more wonderful than this year has been.

MWUAH!!

~Your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment